- Course registration is binding.
- We invoice 50% of the course fee for cancellations done more than 8 working days before the course start date.
- We invoice the full course fee for cancellations done less than 8 working days before the course start date.
- We reserve the right to cancel scheduled courses.
- We reserve the right to invoice some courses in advance.
Terms and conditions for training and events
Subject matter, the conclusion of the contract
- These general terms and conditions of business apply for all training and certification programs delivered by Alfasoft AB, Alfasoft GmbH, Alfasoft Ltd, Alfasoft AS (subsequently referred to as Alfasoft).
- Only these general terms and conditions of business apply. Terms and conditions of business of those receiving training taking a certification examination (subsequently referred to as participant) do not apply, even if not explicitly stated by Alfasoft. The terms and conditions presented in this document also apply if Alfasoft knowingly renders services due that are in conflict with the participant’s terms and conditions of business.
- Participants must register in advance to take part in Alfasoft training or certification exams. Registration is considered complete after the participant has registered for a course on Alfasoft website and received a confirmation.
- Course registration is binding and Alfasoft reserve the right to invoice some training/courses in advance.
Agreeing on terms for training and e-learning courses
- By clicking on the “purchase”/”register” button on our event page, you agree to the terms in this document which will bind you and your employees (if you are an employer). If you do not agree to the terms in this document, discontinue the purchasing process by not clicking on the “purchase”/”register” button.
Termination by Alfasoft
- Alfasoft is entitled to terminate this contract if excess or insufficient registration cannot guarantee proper or economically feasible training or certification. Alfasoft is also entitled to terminate the contract due to instructor illness, technical reasons, or other reasons beyond Alfasoft´s control.
- Alfasoft will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance of, any of Alfasoft´s obligations that is caused by events outside Alfasoft´s reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond Alfasoft reasonable control. Alfasoft´s performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and Alfasoft will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. Alfasoft will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which Alfasoft´s obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- Before exercising this right to termination, Alfasoft will make every effort to reschedule training or certification examination, with the participant’s consent. In case of rescheduling, the contract will remain in effect and will be amended with the consent of both parties. If the parties cannot agree on the amendment to the contract, the contract will be terminated, and any fees paid by the customer will be reimbursed.
Termination by the customer
- If the participant is unable to attend, the customer might be entitled to designate another representative from his/her company to participate in the training or certification before the training begins. The client will incur no additional costs. The participant must obtain prior written permission from Alfasoft to transfer all rights stipulated in the contract.
- The participant is entitled to terminate the contract via written notice at any time.
- The participant must pay 50% of the agreed costs if he/she terminates the contract on or before the 8th business day before the first day of training or certification date. The participant must pay 100% of the costs if he/she terminates the contract within 7 business days of the first day of training or before the certification examination.
- If the participant wishes to change the training date set in the contract without cancelling the entire contract, Alfasoft must receive written notice at least 8 business days before the first day of training. Alfasoft will make every effort to reschedule training or certification examination, with the participant’s consent, but Alfasoft cannot guarantee that reschedule is possible. The participant will incur no additional costs, and the contract will be amended with the consent of both parties. If Alfasoft receives such notice within 7 business days of the first day of training or the certification exam, the participant must pay Alfasoft 50% of the agreed upon costs as a processing fee.
- Rights to further claims are reserved by Alfasoft. This especially concerns cancellation costs for travel already booked to the customer’s premises or to any other agreed-upon location.
Right to training documents and software
- All training documents are intended for the exclusive personal use of the participant.
- The participant recognizes Alfasoft´s, or contractor, copyright and therefore the exclusive distribution rights and right of use of training documents and software.
- Alfasoft gives the participant the single and non-transferable right to use training documents and software for purposes stipulated in the contract. The right to use training software is limited to the length of the training session and is automatically rescinded following completion of training. Alfasoft is not required to provide notice of this rescission. The participant may only use training software on the training premises. The participant is not allowed to reproduce the training software and documents, in particular, to process them in electronic systems, duplicate, or modify them in any way, or distribute them in any form to third parties. All embedded knowledge and teaching systems provided by Alfasoft to the participant on data storage media or made available on electronic networks are considered training documents.
- Alfasoft will prepare, or help prepare, training and certification software before training sessions and un-install, or help un-install, the software following completion of training if training takes place on the participant’s premises and the participant does not have his/her own license for the training software. The participant must ensure that no third party has access to the installed software and that the software is not retained in any form.
- In addition, the participant recognizes all of Alfasoft’s (or contractor’s/partner’s) brand, trademark, name, and patent rights to the software and related documents. The participant may not remove, modify, or render unrecognizable copyright indications or indications of property rights.
- If Alfasoft fail, at any time during the term of this contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of the participants obligations, or if Alfasoft fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which Alfasoft are entitled, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve the participant from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by Alfasoft of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by Alfasoft of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to the participant in writing.
- Alfasoft is only liable to the participant, regardless of legal grounds, for willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of Alfasoft itself or its employees.
- Any liability is limited to the amount specified in Alfasoft’s liability insurance for one single case of damage.
- Contractual claims for damages by the participant against Alfasoft are subject to a limitation period of six months from the date on which the right arose, or legal limitation periods if shorter.
- Due to the current technology, access to the server with teaching materials cannot be guaranteed at all times. Alfasoft is not liable if access is not available for short periods of time.
- In the case of data loss, Alfasoft is only liable for the costs of necessary reconstruction from back-up copies.
- Alfasoft is responsible for conducting training or for contracting a third party to conduct training and is free to choose any consultant for such purposes. Alfasoft is entitled to transfer the duties of the contract to a third party to perform and to change the contents of training sessions as long as the objective of the training is not compromised. Alfasoft may cancel training, change the date or time of training or designate the training location with advance notice.
- Alfasoft will make every effort to provide the participant with all important knowledge during training sessions, as per the training plan and the current training documents.
- Alfasoft will conduct training on its own premises, on the participant’s premises, or at another mutually agreed upon location. Training is to be conducted during the dates specified by Alfasoft in the quote and confirmed by the participant.
- If training takes place on Alfasoft premises, Alfasoft will normally provide each participant with a desk with a computer and the necessary documents. Participants are responsible for incidental expenses (travel, accommodation, additional meals, etc.) if not otherwise stated.
- If training takes place on the participant’s premises, the participant will provide the infrastructure necessary for training especially desks and computers, and is responsible for obtaining Internet connections if required. Alfasoft can normally provide these services, particularly computers with pre-installed training software, on the customer’s premises or at an agreed upon location. The contract does not include this service, and the participant must reimburse Alfasoft for these costs.
- These terms and any document expressly referred to in these terms represent the entire agreement between Alfasoft and the participant in relation to the purchase of Training Courses, Training Materials and Documentation and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between Alfasoft and the participant, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms, neither Alfasoft or the participant has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between Alfasoft and the participant prior to entering into these terms, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither Alfasoft or the participant shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of entering into these terms (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
Alfasoft´s right to vary these terms and conditions
- Alfasoft have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time