Using Stata Effectively: Data Management, Analysis, and Graphics Fundamentals
July 13 : 18:00 - July 16 : 22:00 CEST$950
Become intimately familiar with three components of Stata: data management, analysis, and graphics. This course is aimed at both new Stata users and those who wish to learn techniques for efficient day-to-day use of Stata. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to use Stata efficiently for basic analyses and graphics. You will be able to do this in a reproducible manner, making collaborative changes and follow-up analyses much simpler. Finally, you will be able to make your datasets self-explanatory to your co-workers and yourself when using them in the future.
15% discount for group enrollments of three or more participants.
Web-based training courses are four-day courses that run for four hours each day. You will be provided with a temporary Stata license to install on your computer, a printed copy of the course notes and all the course datasets so that you can easily follow along. Learn more about how our web-based training courses work, watch a video demonstration, and find technical requirements for participating in this type of training.
- Keeping organized
- Knowing how Stata treats data
- Using dialogue boxes efficiently
- Using the Command window
- Saving time and effort while working
- Reading in datasets of various standard formats, such as those from spreadsheets or databases
- Labelling variables and setting up encoded variables
- Generating new variables in an efficient fashion, including leading, lagging, generating statistics within groups, and working across variables
- Combining datasets by adding observations and by adding variables
- Reshaping datasets for repeated measurements
- Using menus and the Command window to work quickly
- Setting up Stata to one’s liking
- Keeping complete records of what is done inside Stata
- Creating reproducible analyses, which are completely documented
- Finding, installing, and removing community-contributed extensions to Stata
- Customizing how Stata starts up and where it looks for files
- Using basic statistical commands
- Reusing results of Stata commands
- Using common post estimation commands, such as those that test hypotheses about linear or nonlinear combinations of coefficients, generate fitted values, or look at marginal effects
- Working with interactions and factor variables
- Making common, simple graphs
- Building up complex graphs
- Using the Graph Editor
- The above lists are not exhaustive. They are meant to give an idea of the level and scope of each topic.
- Basic computer skills.
- The course is taught using Stata. It is appropriate for those who already own Stata and for those who are considering purchasing or upgrading. There is no requirement that the user already owns a Stata license.
Dates and Time
- July 13-16, 2021
- 18:00 – 22:00 CET (6 – 10 PM CET) (5 – 9 PM UK/GMT)
Course registration is binding. Upon cancellation more than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice 50% of the course fee. Upon cancellation less than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice the full course fee. Click here to read the full Terms and Conditions!