- This event has passed.
Regression Modeling Using Stata
May 10 : 16:00 - 22:00 CEST$695
Regression modelling is a fundamental tool for researchers who want to establish causal quantitative relationships from observational data. This course is intended as an overview of the theoretical concepts necessary to understand regression models and how to implement them using Stata. The concepts will be reinforced with exercises that the participants will work on with the assistance of the instructor.
15% discount for group enrollments of three or more participants.
Chris Cheng portrait Chris Cheng is a staff econometrician at StataCorp LLC. He has a master’s degree in economics and a PhD in agricultural and managerial economics at Texas A&M University. He has worked with technical support since 2019. Chris frequently interacts with users about technical questions and gives webinars and training courses. His interests focus on demand analysis, panel data analysis, and other econometrics.
- Types of data: Cross-sectional, time-series, and panel data
- Statistical concepts: Conditional expectation, conditional variance, and conditional covariance
- Mathematical concepts: Sum of squared errors, maximum likelihood, and conditional moments
- Properties of estimators: Bias, consistency, efficiency, and normality
- Regression model and conditional expectation
- Standard errors
- Parameter interpretation
- Probit and logit models
- A calculus course and a probability and statistics course, or equivalent knowledge.
Date and time
- May 10, 2021
- 16:00 – 22:00 CET (3 – 9 PM UK/GMT)
Course registration is binding. Upon cancellation more than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice 50% of the course fee. Upon cancellation less than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice the full course fee. Click here to read the full Terms and Conditions!