- This event has passed.
Extended NVivo Online Training (Blended learning)
March 16 : 09:00 - March 17 : 15:00 CET475 Euro/ 5150 SEK / 5260 NOK + tax
This course is perfect for everyone who wants to learn how to use NVivo, how to build a new project and explore and visualize their data. It combines group sessions and individual follow-up sessions for a sound learning experience.
Participate in our online course for NVivo, from your own office. All you need is a computer with internet access and audio to participate! This course is conducted in English with the latest version of NVivo for Windows (1.3), but also fits users of NVivo 12. If needed, you can get access to a 30-day NVivo training license (see below).
What we offer
- Access to training material
- 4x 1.5h group sessions (with recording)
- 1h Q&A group session (with recording)
- Access to NVivo training license*
- Individual 30 min sessions in the week after
- Total number of hours: 7,5
Schedule Day 1
09:00-10:30 – 10:45-12:15
Content Day 1
- NVivo user interface
- Basic settings
- Save and back-up management
- How to create a new project
- Creating folders and importing files (Word Docs and PDF)
- How to work with memos and annotations
- Coding techniques and coding structure
- How to export a codebook
- Explore your data: text search and word frequency
- Introduction to cases and classifications
- Afternoon: practice with your own data
Schedule Day 2
09:00-10:30 – 10:45-12:15 and 14:00-15:00
Content Day 2
- Explore your data: Charts and diagrams
- Integrating your data with hyperlinks and “see also” links
- How to import a classification sheet
- Automated coding techniques: Auto-coding by structure and speaker name
- Explore your data: Crosstab, Coding and Matrix query
- Sets and Search folders
- Three maps – mind map, project map and concept map
- Other data types: Surveys, Audio, images etc. (depending on group)
- Afternoon practice with your own data
- Afternoon Q&A session
The participants will need a computer with access to the internet as well as an audio device and microphone to attend (only required for the individual sessions). We use GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting for the sessions (click here for system check). To practice on your own you will need to download and install NVivo on your computer, using either an individual license, your institute´s license, or the free 30-day trial license.
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org right after you register for this course, if you want to have access to the training license (no later than 7 days before the training starts).
The participants will receive a survey shortly before the course starts with questions around their experience with QDA Software, their current project and the type of data they are working with.
475€ / 5150 SEK / 5260 NOK + tax
Course registration is binding. Upon cancellation more than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice 50% of the course fee. Upon cancellation less than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice the full course fee. Click here to read the full Terms and Conditions!