2-day NVivo Online Training
October 11 : 09:00 - October 12 : 12:15 CEST475EURO/ 5150 SEK / 5260 NOK + TAX
You are working with qualitative or mixed-method data and wish your analysis would be more efficient, coherent, or transparent? You struggle with being overwhelmed by the amount, or mix of data types and need to know how to get started? You are doing your PhD and are required to use QDA-Software, and are looking for guidance on how to use it?
This course is perfect for everyone who wants to learn how to use NVivo, how to successfully build a new project and explore and visualize their data. It combines group sessions and individual follow-up sessions for a sound learning experience. The participants will receive a survey shortly before the course starts with questions around their experience with QDA Software, their current project and the type of data they are working with. This way, the content will be adapted to the needs of the group.
Participate in our 2-day online course for NVivo, from your own office. All you need is a computer with internet access and audio to participate!
This course is conducted in English with the latest version of NVivo for Windows (R 1.6), but also fits users of NVivo 12 for Windows. (The training is not suited for users of NVivo 12 for Mac). If needed, you can get access to a 30-day NVivo training license (see below).
What we offer
- Access to training material
- 7h group training sessions (with recording)
- Access to NVivo training license*
- Individual 30 min sessions in the week after
- Total number of hours: 7,5
Schedule Day 1
09:00-12:15 (including breaks) and 14:00-15:00
Content Day 1
- NVivo user interface
- Basic settings
- Save and back-up management
- How to create a new project
- Creating folders and importing files (Word Docs and PDF)
- How to work with memos and annotations
- Coding techniques and coding structure
- How to export a codebook
- Explore your data: text search and word frequency
- Between sessions: practice with your own data
- Introduction to cases and classifications
- How to import a classification sheet
Schedule Day 2
09:00-12:15 (including breaks)
Content Day 2
- Explore your data: Charts and diagrams
- Integrating your data with hyperlinks and “see also” links
- Automated coding techniques: Auto-coding by structure and speaker name
- Explore your data: Crosstab, Coding and Matrix query
- Sets and Search folders
- Three maps – mind map, project map and concept map
- Other data types: Surveys, Audio, images etc. (depending on group)
- Q&A session
- individual 30-min follow-up sessions
The participants will need a computer with access to the internet as well as an audio device and microphone to attend. We use GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting for the sessions (click here for system check). To practice on your own you will need to download and install NVivo for Windows on your computer, using either an individual license, your institute´s license, or the free 30-day trial license.
The participants will receive a survey shortly before the course starts with questions around their experience with QDA Software, their current project and the type of data they are working with.
*Please contact email@example.com right after you register for this course, if you want to have access to the training license (no later than 7 days before the training starts).
475€ / 5150 SEK / 5260 NOK + tax
Course registration is binding. Upon cancellation more than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice 50% of the course fee. Upon cancellation less than 8 working days before the course start date, we invoice the full course fee. Click here to read the full Terms and Conditions!